We are looking for a skilled Network Engineer to join our growing team and play a crucial role in helping to drive Abu Dhabi Co-operative Society forward in a fast moving retail environment.
Reporting to the IT Manager, as Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance and monitoring of the company’s core network infrastructure across all branches. In addition, you will:
- Develop detailed requirements for upgrading existing networks, as well as re-architecting network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Ensure all engineering systems and tools are properly documented and managed.
- Enhance value for customers through better design and operation of services. This includes departmental process or service improvements (implementing process improvements, coordinating improvements, lessons learned, process mapping).
- Resolve escalated networking issues received from service desk.
- Monitor and maintain all Windows system administration issues.
- Ensure that backup systems are available for use at any time.
- Keep network documentation updated.
- Configure and implement basic network security policies.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot core infrastructure.
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Perform network administration duties.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as and when required.
- Recommend hardware, software and network system vendors
- Ensure safety and security of all IT assets are maintained.
- Communicate effectively: Ability to listen, share knowledge, teach and train people combined with outstanding communication and presentation skills.
In order for your interest to be considered, it is essential that you meet with the criteria mentioned. If this is the case and you wish to learn more about the role then please apply directly online.
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent|
|Experience:||Minimum 5 years of experience within a similar role|
|Knowledge and skills:||Sound knowledge of Networks, Windows, Hardware, Security and other related systems and business processes|
|Certification required:||CCNP certification|